We are accepting proposals for artwork/projects that highlight the uniqueness of Suzu City’s nature, history, culture, fudo (climate), landscape etc.
1. Installation Art |Artwork or display to be presented during the Triennale
2. Performing Art |Music, dance, or theater play to be performed during the Triennale
3. Free Genre |Not limited to art, but plans/projects that encompass various fields (i.e. cooking, fashion, design, handicraft, technology etc.)
* Applicants can submit up to 3 proposals
Across entire Suzu City (i.e. any cape, beach, salt farm, field, forest, pond, house, school, nursery, shrine, lane & street, cultural hall etc.)
*The secretariat will adjust the specific installation and activity locations according to the proposed plan.
*Hand delivery of the proposal will not be accepted.
1. Application form (can be downloaded from official website)
2. Proposal (title, image, concept, summary of the proposed project, size, materials, production method, budget）
*The image should help articulate your project. Please use a drawing, model, photo and/or diagram as seen appropriate.
*Concept and summary of the proposed project should be clear and brief, either in Japanese or English and within 400 characters or 200 words respectively)
3. Portfolio (includes past works / projects)
4. CD-ROM with the data from 1-3 listed above (data should be saved as a PDF, JPEG, or in MS Office [Word/Power Point])
5. Application fee’s receipt of payment *Print out the completion of bank transfer page if paying via net banking *Print out the notification of payment email if paying via credit card
Print 1-3 listed above on paper no bigger than size A3 and within 10 pages and staple them together. We will not accept submissions that use files or panels.
CD-ROM containing the data of 1-3 in the form of a PDF, JPEG, or MS Office (Word, Power Point)
* Submitted materials cannot be returned.
* The organizer will decide whether to keep or dispose of the submitted proposals.
Approximately 10 works of art will be selected (subject to change depending on the situation) Selected project will be financially supported up to JPY 2,500,000.
The actual amount of support will be decided based upon the proposed estimate.
*The work production and installation costs include all costs required for production, such as transportation and accommodation costs.
* The final handling of profitable works will be decided in consultation with the executive committee.
Judge： Fram Kitagawa (General Director)
First phase：Application screening
Second phase： Interview
Announcement of the result：Successful proposals will be announced on the official website around January of 2023
*Please note that the project office will not respond to any inquiries regarding the results of the selection procedure
JPY 1,000 per proposal
Please pay the application fee by either of the following methods:
Payment by bank transfer:
Bank name: Hokkoku Bank, Suzu Branch
Swift Code: HKOKJPJT
Account number: Ordinary account 0007785
Account holder’s name: Oku-Noto Triennale Executive Committee, Chairman, Masuhiro Izumiya
* Payment of the bank transfer service fee is the responsibility of the applicant.
* The name of the transferee should be the same as the applicant.
Payment by credit card:
* Please visit the official website and follow the instructions.
* The name of the credit card holder should be the same as the applicant.
Please send any inquiries you may have to the organizer office by email, fax, or post. We will upload answers to the official website as a FAQ accordingly.
Oku-Noto Triennale Executive Committee Office c/o Oku-Noto Triennale Preparation Office
13 - 120 - 1 Iidamachi, Suzu City, Ishikawa Prefecture, 927-1214, Japan
・Oku-Noto Triennale 2017 Official Records Book
・Oku-Noto Triennale 2020+ Official Records Book
・Suzu Theater Museum Catalog
・Suzu no Rrekishi
Various rights (such as ownership and intellectual property rights) belong to the applicant.
Organizer office will have the right to use any image(s) of the project and text written in the proposal free of charge in publications, such as those to a catalogue, website, press coverage and other related media.